Ultimate 1-pot vegetarian/vegan dinner! Delightful potatoes with mushrooms cooked to perfection in creamy coconut milk.
I don’t even know where to start, guys… These potatoes with mushrooms are so awesome that they make my head spin! It only takes a few basic ingredients to make this satisfying dinner. I’ve been using this recipe for many years already; however, I had never made it with coconut milk. Every time I cooked this I thought to myself: “I should try these potatoes with coconut milk instead of Half&Half.” And today I did! Success!
I think the coconut milk gives this dish a very special flavor that really helps it to stand out. It doesn’t really matter which brand of coconut milk you use in this recipe, but, if you are wondering which one I used, here is a link: AROY-D Coconut Milk. It tastes fantastic.
Although I used Baby Bella mushrooms in this recipe, feel free to use regular white button mushrooms. I also want to try these potatoes with Portobello mushrooms. Maybe one of you will try it first? If you do, please, let me know how you liked it!
This recipe is really easy to follow (like all of my recipes 🙂 ). All you’ll need to do is sauté some onions in olive oil and add garlic and sliced mushrooms to this goodness. Once the liquids evaporate and the mushrooms start browning, add some wine to the pan. Oh, the aroma in your kitchen will be so nice!
When the wine evaporates, add the potatoes and sauté for a few minutes. After that, add coconut milk, some salt and pepper and cover the pan with a tight lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
POTATOES WITH MUSHROOMS
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled cut into 1/4 thick pieces)
- 3/4 cup coconuut milk
- salt and pepperto taste
- parsley to garnish
- On a large, non-stick griddle, saute the onions in olive oil on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes. Add wine and keep cooking until it evaporates.
- Add potatoes to the mushrooms and keep frying, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, some salt and pepper and reduce heat to low. Cover with a tight lid and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.