I am kinda having a moment with salads… That’s all I want to eat recently. All the fresh greens, veggies, salad toppings and dressings make my head spin. Seriously. I couldn’t even finish retouching the salad images without getting another bowl of this salad. And the mustard-lemon dressing is a true delight!
I have tried A LOT of different salad dressings due to my recent salad obsession (all homemade, of course). Some recipes I found in books and on the web and others I’ve created through experimentation. I think I will do a separate blog post with all of my favorite dressing recipes. Yep, sounds like a good idea. What do you think?
This salad recipe was adapted from The Good Housekeeping Step-by-Step Cookbook that I bought from Amazon years ago. Yes, living in a digital age, I still buy cookbooks. I just love the feeling of holding a book and turning the pages. It’s a great source of inspiration. Do you, friends, still buy cookbooks? What are some of your favorites?
Disclaimer: the link in this post for The Good Housekeeping Step-by-Step Cookbook is Amazon affiliate link.
POTATO AND HAM SALAD
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tsps honey
- 1 tbsp minced capers (without liquid)
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the salad
- 2 medium boiled potatoes
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 2 handfulls chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 slices ham
- Place green beans into a small pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium cubes.
- Peel the egg and cut it into 4 wedges.
- Once cooked, drain the beans and submerge them into a bowl with cold water to stop the cooking process and cool them down. Then drain the beans again.
- In a small bowl, toss potatoes and beans with some of the salad dressing.
- Place a handful of romaine onto the serving plates.
- Arrange the potatoes, beans, egg and ham slices on top of the romaine. Sprinkle some more dressing on top if desired.