I’ve worked at Starbucks for 5 years, so if you need any drink recipes I am the one to go to. 🙂 Today I decided to share one of my favorite holiday inspired recipes. I have to warn you that it is catered to a sweet tooth, but you may add some espresso and it will take away some of the sweetness.
Even though I am not a big fan of sweets, a nice warm cup of this Peppermint White Chocolate goodness can make my day so much better, especially if it’s snowing outside.
I’ve been trying to duplicate a lot of Starbucks drinks at home, using simple, easily accessible ingredients and I’ve been successful so far. This White Peppermint hot chocolate tastes EXACTLY like the Starbucks version, so if you feel like making it yourself, I guarantee you’ll be happy with it.
As I mentioned earlier in the post, you can add espresso to it and make it a Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha (that’s what we call it at Starbucks), which is absolutely delicious as well. You’ll need about 1-2 oz of espresso depending on how strong you like it. If you don’t have espresso, you can just prepare 3-4 oz of very strong coffee and add it to the drink. At Starbucks we top the drink with whipped cream, and I added crushed peppermint candy for extra prettiness.
If you would like to see some other Starbucks copycat recipes in the future, just leave a comment and I will try to share the recipe with you. Stay warm!
COPYCAT STARBUCKS PEPPERMINT WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE
- 2 cups reduced fat or whole milk
- 3.5 oz white chocolate broken into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- whipped cream, crushed peppermint candy (optional toppings)
- In a small saucepan, combine white chocolate pieces and milk. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the milk gets hot and the white chocolate melts. Don't let it boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint extract. Divide the hot chocolate between the cups and top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candy, if desired.