Hello and good morning! Today is a big day. I am sharing with you my most obsess-worthy breakfast recipe to date. Oats + strawberries + blueberries + kiwi + chia seeds + honey + some more good stuff = the best combination ever! I am telling you, once you try it, there is no way you are going back to your old way of eating oatmeal.
I am a big fan of oatmeal for breakfast for a few major reasons:
1. It’s easy and fast to cook.
2. It is healthy.
3. It satisfies my cravings for sweets.
4. It’s not heavy, yet keeps you full for a long time.
5. It tastes AMAZING!
For the success of this recipe and more health benefits, I recommend using extra thick rolled oats. I buy Bob’s Red Mill brand and these oats are the best. Plus, they are easy to find as they are sold in many big supermarkets and health food stores. Or, you can purchase them on Amazon. They require a few minutes of cooking time, but it’s worth the wait.
You’ve probably heard that chia and flax seeds are beneficial to your health. Why not add them to your breakfast oatmeal? That’s right, start adding them to your diet as soon as possible. You are probably thinking that a teaspoon of flax seeds is not going to make a difference. It probably won’t. But if you add a teaspoon of them every time you have oatmeal for breakfast, it is going to make a BIG difference. It’s just like everything else in life. If you go for a jog once, there will be no changes, but, if you do it 3-4 times a week, I bet you’ll feel different. I did! (You can read more about how I changed here.)
Use this recipe as a base, changing berries and fruits based on what you have available and what’s in season. OK, let’s get to cooking and when you’re done let me know how you like this recipe!
OATMEAL WITH BERRIES
- 1 cup extra thick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1 1/2 tbsps honey
- 2 tsps chia seeds
- 2 tsps flax seeds
- some walnuts (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add a cup of oats, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- While oatmeal is cooking cut strawberries and kiwi into small cubes. Divide the berries, kiwi, chia and flax seeds between the bowls.
- Add honey to the oatmeal and stir.
- Divide the oatmeal between the bowls and stir everything together.
- Top the oatmeal with a few walnuts and drizzle with some more honey. (This step is optional.)