A succulent combination of bell peppers, onion and zucchini baked to perfection with Mediterranean spices! This is a must-try vegetable side dish!
Hello colors! Isn’t the combination of green, orange and red the most eye-pleasing combination ever? I think so! I don’t know how come it took me so long to share this favorite side dish of mine – Mediterranean Baked Vegetables. I could eat these veggies every day!
I guess we all have those recipes that we cook over and over again and they never fail us or get boring. This baked veggies recipe has served me well for many years. I especially like to serve it with grilled fish or kebabs and, of course, some red wine. Yum!
This dish takes 5 minutes to prepare (just chop the veggies) and about 25 minutes to bake. Really easy, really healthy. And, while the veggies are baking in the oven, you’ll have the time to sear the fish, steak or whatever else you are cooking and set a dinner table. I hope I’ve convinced you to try these.
I use dried oregano and dried thyme in this recipe. Both of the spices are very common and you probably have them at home. If you didn’t do the shopping though, you can shop for these from home. Here are the links: Dried Oregano and Dried Thyme.
Ok, let’s start cooking!
First, preheat the oven to 450F, chop the veggies into fairly large pieces, and peel a few garlic cloves.
Toss the veggies with some dried spices, salt, pepper and olive oil and bake for about 25 minutes. You can stir them once after 15 minutes. And that’s it — the vegetables are done!
You can also sprinkle them with some fresh chopped dill, lemon juice and feta cheese if you wish. Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion
- 3 small bell peppers (tri-color)
- 2 small zucchini
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- lemon juice, fresh dill, feta cheese to serve
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Chop the vegetables into fairly large pieces. (Refer to the photos above).
- Place the vegetables into a baking dish and season with spices, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the olive oil on top and toss everything together.
- Bake the vegetables for 25 minutes, until they slightly char, stirring once after about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with some fresh chopped dill, lemon juice and feta cheese.