This tasty macaroni in colorful, homemade roasted pepper sauce and creamy goat cheese, makes a quick and healthy vegetarian dinner!
Sweet and flavorful roasted peppers, smooth and creamy goat cheese and loved-by-everyone macaroni make up this simple yet elegant dish. Kids love it and adults too! Let’s start cooking!
First you’ll need some roasted peppers, of course. You can roast the peppers yourself, just like I do, or use store-bought peppers. If you’ve never roasted bell peppers before, use this link for detailed instructions: How to Roast Bell Peppers. If roasting the peppers doesn’t sound exciting to you, just buy Roasted Peppers from Amazon or you can find these at almost any grocery store. Both homemade and store-bought peppers work well in this recipe.
You are not limited to using macaroni pasta only. I think ditalini, ziti, penne and bow tie pasta make a great substitution. I am actually planning to try making this dish with orzo pasta (the one that looks like rice) and even potato gnocchi.
This dish could be served as a side together with some grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped roasted peppers
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted peppers
- parsley and goat cheese to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, non-stick skillet. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until it starts to soften. Add bell peppers and garlic and then cook for another minute and add wine. Keep cooking the sauce for about 5 minutes, until the wine evaporates half way, and turn off the heat.
- Boil the macaroni according to the package instructions.
- Transfer the peppers in wine into the food processor and add parsley, salt and paprika. Process the sauce until smooth.
- Drain the macaroni and stir in the sauce. Add the goat cheese and stir again.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and goat cheese.
Before you go…
Check out these recipes