Imitation Crab Salad – quick and easy crab salad made with crunchy cucumbers, sweet corn, and hard-boiled eggs. Perfect for lunch, dinner, or on a sandwich!
This simple crab salad recipe is my favorite way to enjoy imitation crab meat. It is so refreshing, flavorful, and extremely versatile. Serve it for lunch, take it to a picnic, put it in a hoagie, or find a nice spot for it on your holiday table.
What is Imitation Crab?
Imitation crab is made from deboned, washed fish (usually pollock) that is minced into a paste. This paste is then mixed with water, egg whites, starch, sugar, and other ingredients, before being heated and pressed into shapes that mimic crab meat.
Imitation Crab is used to make California Sushi Rolls, Kani Salad, Crab Cakes, Crab Lagoon, and other seafood dishes.
Read more: The Real Story Behind Imitation Crab Meat
Imitation Crab Salad Ingredients:
- Imitation Crab. Both ‘Chunk Style’ and ‘Leg Style’ would work in this recipe.
- Cucumbers. Cucumbers could be substituted with tomatoes successfully.
- Sweet Corn. Use canned, or freshly boiled corn kernels.
- Hard-boiled eggs.
Imitation Crab Recipe:
1. Cut the imitation crab into ½-inch cubes. Peel the eggs and cucumbers and cut them into small cubes, too. Place these ingredients into a medium bowl.
2. To the same bowl, add the corn and chopped dill.
3. Add the mayo, salt, and pepper, and mix everything well. Serve immediately.
How to Serve Imitation Crab Salad?
Make a sandwich! Similar to a chicken salad sandwich, serve it with lettuce and tomatoes on your favorite bread, or in a hoagie.
Romaine lettuce boats! Arrange this salad on Romaine leaves for a convenient and stunning presentation.
In a bowl! Serve this salad as is with a slice of crusty bread on the side.
Wrap it up! Add a generous amount of crab salad to the center of a tortilla. Add lettuce and tomato and roll up the sides of the tortilla.
In a Pita! Scoop the crab salad into a pita, add lettuce, tomato, and whatever veggies you like, and enjoy!
Imitation Crab Salad FAQ:
Mayo substitute? If you want to save some calories, or simply don’t like mayo, use plain Greek yogurt instead.
How long can I keep Imitation Crab Salad in the fridge? Because the cucumbers lose freshness very quickly, this salad will not store well in the fridge. If you want to make it in advance, prepare the salad without the cucumbers and add them right before serving. In this case, the salad can stay for 2 days.
Love seafood? These are my most popular seafood recipes:
Imitation Crab Salad Video Tutorial
Imitation Crab Salad
- 14 oz. imitation crab (one package)
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 8 oz. sweet corn
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the imitation crab into ½-inch cubes. Peel the eggs and cucumbers and cut them into small cubes, too. Place these ingredients into a medium bowl.
- To the same bowl, add the corn and chopped dill.
- Add the mayo, salt, and pepper, and mix everything well. Serve immediately.