This post is truly special to me. I am officially launching my blog today and sharing all the love and passion for food (and photography) with YOU. I hope you will find a lot of tasty recipes here and we can become friends. What do you think?
I would like to share with you how I got to where I am today, launching my very own food blog that I created from scratch, so you can have a better idea of how Cooktoria came to be and why.
It all started 2 years ago. Even though I didn’t create this blog until March 2015, I’ve had a burning desire to share my recipes since early 2013. Because I didn’t have any background in web development (and I thought you needed that to create a blog), I decided to create a Facebook fan page called Cooking with Tania. I collected recipes for almost half a year there, but I never launched it. One day, I showed that Facebook page to a friend of mine and he offered to help me create a blog, and I got VERY excited. The time passed, and that friend received a job offer and wasn’t able to invest his time into my site. Almost another year passed and I decided I could create a blog myself (It wasn’t as hard as I had imagined.) And so, following a lot of YouTube tutorials, Cooktoria came to be…
The reason I started this blog is simple. I am hoping to create a nice, friendly community where you can come for inspiration and get breakfast or dinner ideas for things to cook for your loved ones. I am mostly posting healthy, easy to follow recipes so you don’t have to spend all day next to the cooking stove. We should all enjoy cooking!
I am eager to get to know you, so feel free to contact me and share your thoughts. If you like what I do, share this blog on your social media sites; I would really appreciate it. Thank you for finding the time to read my posts. I am sending you one million HUGS!!!
Okay, let's start cooking!
HEALTHY PUMPKIN RICOTTA PIE
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup semolina
- 1 lb. baked pumpkin puree (see note)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- a pinch of salt
- more honey for glaze
- Heat up the oven to 350F.
- Pour milk and water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and gradually add semolina and cook for about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Transfer semolina into a mixing bowl and add pumpkin puree, ricotta, the egg yolks, vanilla extract and honey. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Whisk the remaining 2 egg whites until thick foam forms. Gently mix the egg whites into the pumpkin mixture.
- Grease large (about 10 inch diameter) baking pan slightly, and pour in the mixture. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, checking until the pie starts to brown. (Baking time may vary depending on how thick the pie is).
- Once baked, let it cool for at least an hour and using a pastry brush, spread some more liquid honey on top.