These kid friendly Healthy Banana Pancakes are easy to make and so fluffy and tasty. And there’s no added sugar! These are a must try for any pancake lover.
Since my husband and I are trying to cut back on sugar, but both love pancakes, I’ve been experimenting a lot in the kitchen trying to come up with a healthier alternative. This banana pancake recipe is truly a treasure. The pancakes taste incredible, the ingredient list is simple and they turn out fluffy every time!
If you are following my blog along, you’ve already noticed that I am adding step-by-step photos and instructional videos to all of my recipes. A lot of people enjoy just scrolling through the photos and getting an idea what goes into a recipe. So, now you’ve got a delicious recipe and step-by-step instructions – it is a “no fail” scenario. Good morning and let’s start cooking!!!
- Ripe Bananas. The key word here is “ripe.” Not only do ripe bananas add extra sweetness, but they also make smoother pancake batter with less lumps.
- Eggs. A lot of you have asked if eggs can be substituted in this recipe. I have tested some common egg substitutes and the results weren’t good. Sorry, but this recipe requires eggs.
- Milk. Both dairy and nut milks work great in this recipe. Use your favorite kind!
- Flour. Use regular white flour or whole wheat flour.
- Raising ingredients: baking powder + baking soda make the fluffiest pancakes!
HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES RECIPE:
1. To prepare the pancakes, puree the bananas with a potato masher or fork until smooth. Add almond milk (you may use regular milk if you prefer).
2. Add the eggs and whisk the mixture.
3. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Mix the batter gently and try not to over mix. A few lumps are OK. 🙂 If the mixture looks too thin, add a little extra flour. Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using 1/3 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet.
5. In about 1 minute you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter. You should have 6 pancakes.
6. Garnish with fresh bananas and drizzle with maple syrup.
How easy was that? I cannot wait for you try these banana pancakes, friends!!!
HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES FAQ:
What kind of milk will work best?
What kind of flour to use?
You may use whole wheat flour instead of white flour.
What can I add to these Healthy Banana Pancakes?
Try adding blueberries, chopped strawberries, pineapples, walnuts or chocolate chips.
My pancakes didn’t turn out well. What went wrong?
I am sorry to hear that, but give these another chance. The most common reason is not using RIPE bananas and also not mashing them well. Also, did you use correct baking powder and baking soda measurements?
KIDS LOVE THESE HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES!
Fluffy, sweet and yummy, these banana pancakes are always a hit at our breakfast table! I’ve shared this recipe with many of my friends and their kids love these too!
Hey there, pancake lover! You’ll also love:
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to share your photos with me on Pinterest! I always check!
HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES VIDEO-RECIPE:
Healthy Banana Pancakes
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour (I use Organic Unbleached White All Purpose Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Puree the bananas with potato masher or fork.
- Add almond milk, eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the batter gently and try not to over mix. A few lumps are fine. If the mixture looks too thin, add a little extra flour.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using 1/3 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet.
- In about 1 minute you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter. You should have 6 pancakes.
- Garnish with fresh bananas and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.