These kid friendly Healthy Banana Pancakes are easy to make and so fluffy and tasty. And there’s no added sugar! At 140 calories per pancake, these are a must try for any pancake lover.
Since my husband and I are trying to cut back on sugar, but both love pancakes, I’ve been experimenting a lot in the kitchen trying to come up with a healthier alternative. This banana pancake recipe is truly a treasure. The pancakes taste incredible, the ingredient list is simple and they turn out fluffy every time!
If you are following my blog along, you’ve already noticed that I started adding step-by-step photos. A lot of people enjoy just scrolling through the photos and getting an idea what goes into a recipe. So, now you’ve got a delicious recipe and step-by-step instructions – it is a “no fail” scenario. Good morning and let’s start cooking!!!
HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES RECIPE:
1. To prepare the pancakes, puree the bananas with a potato masher or fork until smooth. Add almond milk (you may use regular milk if you prefer).
2. Add the eggs and whisk the mixture.
3. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Mix the batter gently and try not to over mix. A few lumps are OK. 🙂 If the mixture looks too thin, add a little extra flour. Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using 1/4 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet.
5. In about 1 minute you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter. You should have 6 pancakes.
6. Garnish with fresh bananas and drizzle with maple syrup.
How easy was that? I cannot wait for you try these banana pancakes, friends!!!
HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES FAQ:
- What kind of milk will work best? Almost any milk will work in this recipe. If you are staying away from dairy try almond, coconut or soy milk.
- What kind of flour to use? You may use whole wheat flour instead of white flour.
- What can I add to these Healthy Banana Pancakes? Try adding blueberries, chopped strawberries, pineapples, walnuts or chocolate chips.
- My pancakes didn’t turn out well. What went wrong? I am sorry to hear that, but give these another chance. The most common reason is not using RIPE bananas and also not mashing them well.
KIDS LOVE THESE HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES!
Fluffy, sweet and yummy, these banana pancakes are always a hit at our breakfast table! I’ve shared this recipe with many of my friends and their kids love these too!
Hey there, pancake lover! You’ll also love:
HEALTHY BANANA PANCAKES VIDEO-RECIPE:
Healthy Banana Pancakes
- Puree the bananas with potato masher or fork.
- Add almond milk, eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix the batter gently and try not to over mix. A few lumps are fine. If the mixture looks too thin, add a little extra flour.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using 1/4 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet.
- In about 1 minute you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter. You should have 6 pancakes.
- Garnish with fresh bananas and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.