Here is a special treat for salad lovers. This salad has the best flavor and color combination. Nectarines are almost out of season, so let’s hurry up and make this deliciousness.
You may choose to grill nectarines on outdoor grill or simply use a cast iron or regular grill pan and cook them on a stove. Of course, the flavor is much better when you use an outdoor grill, but I am more than sure you will be satisfied with the result anyway you do it. I also suggest that you prepare homemade raspberry dressing — it is super yummy and pairs well with the salad. If you feel lazy, are short on time or just aren’t in the mood, use a citrus, mustard or balsamic vinegar dressing instead.
Feel free to throw in a few fresh raspberries for extra flavor and color pop. Enjoy!
GRILLED NECTARINE SALAD
For the salad
- 1/2 large nectarine sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 tsp canola oil for greasing the grill pan
- 2 cups fresh mixed greens
- 12 toasted pecans
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup crumbled blue cheese
For raspberry vinaigrette dressing (makes 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 10 fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat up a cast iron or regular grill pan greased with some oil on medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, grill the nectarine wedges for about 2 minutes on each side, until char marks appear.
- Arrange the greens on the plates. Add some pecans, cranberries and blue cheese to the greens.
- Place the grilled nectarines on top, and sprinkle the salad with the dressing.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a mini food processor until smooth.