This Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl makes a perfect summer treat. Made with bananas, kiwis, matcha powder and almond milk – it tastes like ice cream and has only 180 calories!
I love everything about this Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl: the ingredients, the ice-cream taste, the texture, the color and the health benefits. And it also looks so pretty!!! I usually make this treat for breakfast, or enjoy it in the afternoon, right after my workout. It satisfies my hunger and craving for sweet, it is low-cal and it has no added sugar.
I discovered Matcha Powder a while ago, while working at Starbucks, and was so surprised to find out that is has A LOT of health benefits. Here is a short paragraph from MatchaSource.com about this topic:
Amongst its many health benefits, matcha…
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Matcha tea is an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet.
Visit their site for more fun, and very interesting, facts about matcha.
When it comes to buying matcha, I found this one from Amazon to be the best and also one of the cheapest. You can also buy it in many health-food stores.
Once you get your hands on some good matcha powder, you’ll need just a few more ingredients.
- Frozen Bananas. Make sure you use ripe bananas for smooth texture and extra sweetness.
- Frozen Kiwis. It’s also a good idea to make sure your kiwis are sweet, before you place them in the freezer.
- Milk. I use non-dairy kinds of milk. My favorite one is Extra Creamy Oat Milk by Chobani.
- Matcha Powder. Make sure you use high-quality matcha.
- Toppings. Chia seeds, sesame seeds, pine nuts, fresh kiwis (you may also use fresh berries, chocolate shavings, shredded coconut, any nuts, granola, and other toppings)
How to Make Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl
1. Place bananas, kiwis, milk, and matcha powder in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
2. Divide the smoothie between two serving bowls and top with desired toppings. Possible topping options: bananas, kiwis, berries, almonds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, chia seeds, chocolate shavings.
Enjoy this Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl all day long! I can’t wait for you to try it, friends! It’s simple, tasty, healthy and refreshing!
You’ll Also Enjoy These:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Cherry Spinach Smoothie
- Very Berry Morning Smoothie
- Chocolate Smoothie
- Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl
Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- 2 sliced and frozen banana
- 2 sliced and frozen kiwis
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/2 cup oat milk or milk of choice
- poppy seeds, sesame seeds, pine nuts, fresh kiwi or toppings of choice
- Place bananas, kiwis, milk, and matcha powder in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie between two serving bowls and top with desired toppings. Possible topping options: bananas, kiwis, berries, almonds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, chia seeds, chocolate shavings.
This recipe has been updated. Original photo below.