This Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl makes a perfect summer treat. Made with bananas, kiwis, matcha powder and almond milk – it tastes like ice cream and has only 180 calories!
I love everything about this Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl: the ingredients, the ice-cream taste, the texture, the color and the health benefits. And it also looks so pretty!!! I usually make this treat for breakfast, or enjoy it in the afternoon, right after my workout. It satisfies my hunger and craving for sweet, it is low-cal and it has no added sugar.
I discovered Matcha Powder a while ago, while working at Starbucks, and was so surprised to find out that is has A LOT of health benefits. Here is a short paragraph from MatchaSource.com about this topic:
Amongst its many health benefits, matcha…
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Matcha tea is an easy and simple way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet.
Visit their site for more fun, and very interesting, facts about matcha.
When it comes to buying matcha, I found this one from Amazon to be the best and also one of the cheapest. You can also buy it from many health-food stores.
Once you get your hands on some good matcha powder, you’ll need just a few more ingredients. Here is a list:
- 2 sliced and frozen bananas
- 2 sliced fresh kiwis
- 1 cup almond milk (I use Silk Almond Milk)
- 2 tbsp matcha
- toppings: poppy seeds, pine nuts, chopped kiwis (you may also use fresh berries, chocolate shavings, shredded coconut, almonds and other similar toppings)
And blend, blend, blend until it looks like this. ⬇
Simple, tasty, healthy and refreshing!
- 2 sliced and frozen banana
- 2 sliced fresh kiwis
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 cup almond milk I use Silk Almond Milk
- optional toppings: poppy seeds, pine nuts, fresh kiwis
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and process until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie between two serving bowls and top with desired toppings. Possible topping options: bananas, kiwis, berries, almonds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, chia seeds, chocolate shavings.
GREEN MATCHA SMOOTHIE BOWL
This Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl makes a perfect summer treat. Made with bananas, kiwis, matcha powder and almond milk – it tastes like ice cream and has only 180 calories!Full recipe at: http://cooktoria.com/recipe/green-matcha-smoothie-bowl/Posted by Cooktoria on Wednesday, May 25, 2016