My busy week started with this green goodness. What an amazing start! Hot, succulent green beans covered with garlicky, crunchy bread-crumbs and sprinkled with lemon juice. I am telling you, this stuff is good…
Yeah, it’s my Monday today, and that means there is a lot of working, cooking, studying, cleaning, and blog-maintenance tasks (and repeat) waiting for me in the near future. But I am not complaining, because I get a real sense of enjoyment when I look back at my week on Sunday and see how much I have accomplished. And, of course, after all these busy days, I appreciate my day off even more. Is there anybody else who feels the same way out there?
Anyways, starting the week with these bright and scrumptious beans is really the way to go. Oh, and one more thing: HAVE A PRODUCTIVE WEEK, FRIENDS!
GREEN BEANS WITH PARMESAN BREAD CRUMBS
- 1 lb. green beans, tips removed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil or butter, for greasing
- to taste lemon juice, to sprinkle the dish
For the topping
- 1 heaping cup day old bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add some salt and bring the beans to a boil, add some salt and cook for about 10 minutes until the beans get tender.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Meanwhile, pulse all the topping ingredients in a food processor for 5-10 seconds.
- Once cooked, drain the beans well and toss them with a bit of olive oil or butter.
- Transfer the beans onto the baking dish, cover with breadcrumbs and bake for 15-20 minutes until the bread crumps turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of lemon juice before serving.