Greek Salad Dressing – a wonderful addition to any salad. Made with simple ingredients, this dressing is tasty and easy to make!
This Simple & Easy Greek Salad Dressing recipe is a staple at my home. Not only do I use it to make Greek Salad, but I also add it to many other fresh salads. It also makes a great marinade for anything you can put on the grill: meats, fish, veggies, you name it.
Store Bought Dressing VS. Homemade
Making homemade salad dressing is not only cheaper and tastier, but it’s SO MUCH HEALTHIER. Seriously, adding simple and fresh ingredients makes a world of difference. The extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic… These ingredients are wholesome and healthy. Most store-bought salad dressings use soybean or canola oils, which have very questionable reputations. Many dressings are also packed with artificial flavors, colors, and sodium-rich preservatives.
If you are making a bowl of healthy and nutritious salad, you definitely want to put a healthy and nutritious dressing on top. Doesn’t that make sense?
What is Greek dressing made of?
The main ingredients are: extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Common ingredients also include: honey, Dijon mustard, and fresh herbs (oregano, parsley, or dill).
How to Make Greek Salad Dressing
Just place all of the ingredients into a mason jar and shake for a good 30-60 seconds, until combined (or whisk all the ingredients in a bowl).
You can also choose to prepare this dressing in a food processor, if you prefer. Simply pulse all of the ingredients until the dressing emulsifies.
DOES GREEK SALAD DRESSING NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
Yes, store in the fridge in a tightly-covered jar.
HOW LONG IS THE DRESSING GOOD FOR?
If you used garlic to make it, it is best to use it within 7 days. If no garlic was used, it can stay up to 14 days.
IS GREEK SALAD DRESSING HEALTHY?
Yes. Especially if you use extra virgin olive oil and organic red wine vinegar. This recipe is Whole30 compliant, low carb, keto-friendly, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. It’s suitable for pretty much every eating style out there. Skip the honey, if you’d like to make it without sugar.
GREEK SALAD DRESSING RECIPE TIPS:
- Use high-quality extra virgin olive oil for extra health benefits and extra flavor . California Olive Ranch is my favorite and I always use it.
- Use organic red wine vinegar with the “Mother.” It is sold in almost all large supermarkets and health food stores, so it won’t be difficult to find. Of course, you can also buy it from Amazon.com.
- Fresh-squeezed lemon juice is the way to go, but you can also use bottled lemon juice as long as “lemon juice” is the only ingredient.
- Honey is optional! Although I enjoy this dressing with a touch of sweetness, try it without honey first—you may like it better. Honey can also be substituted with sugar or even maple syrup.
GREEK SALAD DRESSING USES:
Make fresh salad. Use this dressing on your favorite fresh salad.
Make bean or chickpea salad. This dressing pairs really well with beans.
Make pasta salad. Cold pasta salad + Greek dressing = YUMMY!
Make marinade! That’s right. You can marinate meats, seafood, and your favorite veggies it in. Fire up the grill and taste the Mediterranean!
Watch this Quick Video Tutorial how to make this Dressing:
Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey optional
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Just place all of the ingredients into a mason jar and shake for a good 30-60 seconds, until combined (or whisk all the ingredients in a bowl).You can also choose to prepare this dressing in a food processor, if you prefer. Simply pulse all of the ingredients until the dressing emulsifies.