The hotter it gets, the more I think about ice cream. Ever since I adopted a healthier lifestyle, ice cream was hard to give up. OK, let’s be honest here, I wasn’t able to give up ice cream. I did reduce the serving size though. Today I would like to introduce you to a sweet, warm, juicy pineapple fried with raisins, honey, and Amaretto liqueur. Wait! And a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
I have days when my body is just craving for sweets. There is only one sentence stuck in my brain: “I GOTTA HAVE SOMETHING SWEET AND UNHEALTHY. NOW!” That’s when fried fruits come in handy. They are a great alternative to a cake or other pastries, and the scoop of ice cream will not cause too much damage. Plus, it’s so easy to make.
I discovered fried fruits not so long ago, and instantaneously fell in love with the flavors that the process of frying/grilling brings out. I experimented frying different fruits and preparing a variety of marinades for it. Pineapples and bananas are my favorite so far. How about you, friends? Do you fry/grill fruits? Which ones do you like the most?
Enjoy this summer inspired dessert, and don’t forget to share what you thought of it.
FRIED PINEAPPLE WITH ICE CREAM
- 2 slices pineapple 1/2 inch thick
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup black raisins
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- a pinch cinnamon
- Cut pineapple slices into a half. Remove the skin and hard core.
- In a small dish, mix together Amaretto, honey and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Place pineapple slices and fry for about 3 minutes. Flip them over and pour Amaretto mixture on top. Add raisins. Fry for 3 more minutes shaking the frying pan slightly to distribute the sauce evenly.
- Transfer pineapple slices and raisins onto the plates. Serve with vanilla ice cream.