The hotter it gets, the more I think about ice cream. Ever since I adopted a healthier lifestyle, ice cream was hard to give up. OK, let’s be honest here, I wasn’t able to give up ice cream. I did reduce the serving size though. Today I would like to introduce you to a sweet, warm, juicy pineapple fried with raisins, honey, and Amaretto liqueur. Wait! And a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
I have days when my body is just craving for sweets. There is only one sentence stuck in my brain: “I GOTTA HAVE SOMETHING SWEET AND UNHEALTHY. NOW!” That’s when fried fruits come in handy. They are a great alternative to a cake or other pastries, and the scoop of ice cream will not cause too much damage. Plus, it’s so easy to make.
I discovered fried fruits not so long ago, and instantaneously fell in love with the flavors that the process of frying/grilling brings out. I experimented frying different fruits and preparing a variety of marinades for it. Pineapples and bananas are my favorite so far. How about you, friends? Do you fry/grill fruits? Which ones do you like the most?
Enjoy this summer inspired dessert, and don’t forget to share what you thought of it.
FRIED PINEAPPLE WITH ICE CREAMPrint Pin Rate
- 2 slices pineapple 1/2 inch thick
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup black raisins
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- a pinch cinnamon
- Cut pineapple slices into a half. Remove the skin and hard core.
- In a small dish, mix together Amaretto, honey and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Place pineapple slices and fry for about 3 minutes. Flip them over and pour Amaretto mixture on top. Add raisins. Fry for 3 more minutes shaking the frying pan slightly to distribute the sauce evenly.
- Transfer pineapple slices and raisins onto the plates. Serve with vanilla ice cream.