Simple, tender, and seriously addictive, this Fried Cauliflower is a staple at my home. Made with only 4 ingredients, this tasty cauliflower treat makes a great snack or side dish. And it’s kid-friendly.
This simple Fried Cauliflower recipe is very popular in Ukraine. It is cheap, simple, and very tasty. Just a winning combo, don’t you agree? And the parsley-garlic drizzle adds a heavenly aroma. Let’s have a bite!
How to select cauliflower
You’ll want to make sure you buy a nice, fresh head of cauliflower for this recipe. When choosing cauliflower, look for an even white color and densely-packed florets that are free of blemishes, browning, or wet spots. Take a look at the leaves. If they look fresh, that’s a good indicator that the cauliflower was recently harvested.
- All-purpose flour.
- Oil. For frying.
- Salt & Pepper.
How to make Fried Cauliflower
1. Break the cauliflower florets into medium-small pieces. Boil them in salted water for 7-9 minutes, depending on how large your pieces are. Drain and set aside.
2. Add flour into a small bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper.
4. Dredge the cauliflower pieces in flour and then dip them into the egg mixture.
5. Add vegetable oil (about 4 tbsp.) to a large, non-stick skillet. Fry the cauliflower over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side, until it turns golden brown on each side.
6. Drizzle with garlic sauce (recipe below) if desired.
How to make Garlic Sauce
To make the garlic sauce, mix 1 tbsp. of minced garlic, 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, and 2 tbsp. of olive oil together.
How to store and reheat
This fried cauliflower can be eaten warm or at room temperature. If you have leftovers, store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, pop them in the oven for 10 minutes at 300F.
- Enjoy immediately. This cauliflower tastes best when it is consumed right after cooking.
- Add garlic. You can use my garlic sauce (recipe mentioned below) or just simply toss it with thinly sliced garlic to add extra aroma.
- Add your favorite seasoning. If you have a seasoning that you love, you can season the cauliflower with it right before dredging in flour.
If you want to bake it
If you'd prefer to bake this cauliflower instead of frying you can do that. I would recommend covering them with Panko breadcrumbs after dipping them in the egg mixture. Bake at 400F for about 15 minutes, until the breadcrumbs turn golden.
What to serve with Fried Cauliflower
As is. Just drizzle it with the Garlic Sauce mentioned in the recipe and enjoy!
With dipping sauce. Just dip this goodness into your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy! I especially enjoy Chermoula Sauce with it. Here is a nice article: The 12 Dipping Sauce Recipes to Make You Feel Like a Kid Again
Make a Buddha Bowl. If you like to create Buddha Bowls, this Fried Cauliflower would make a great addition.
You'll also love these cauliflower recipes:
- Basic Cauliflower Fritters
- Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Creamy Cauliflower Steaks
- Cauliflower Steaks with Marinara
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup flour for dredging
- ⅓ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil for frying
- Break the cauliflower florets into medium-small pieces. Boil them in salted water for 7-9 minutes, depending on how large your pieces are. Drain and set aside.
- Add flour to a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Dredge the cauliflower pieces in flour and then dip them into the egg mixture.
- Add vegetable oil (about 4 tbsp.) to a large, non-stick skillet. Fry the cauliflower over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side, until it turns golden brown on each side.
- Drizzle with garlic sauce (recipe in the notes section below) if desired.