This Fried Cabbage recipe is insanely good! Made with bacon, onion, bell pepper, and a touch of hot sauce, it is easy to make, simple, and comes out perfect every time!
This is one of my favorite recipes ever! You just HAVE to try this Fried Cabbage, friends! All of the flavors work so well together, and the best part is that this dish requires minimum ingredients, minimum cleanup, and brings maximum flavor.
WHY THIS IS THE BEST FRIED CABBAGE
This Fried Cabbage recipe is going to become your favorite, because:
- IT’S SIMPLE. It’s made with 4 ingredients (plus seasonings).
- IT’S EASY TO MAKE. You’ll just need to roughly chop the veggies and bacon, and cook them together.
- IT’S MADE WITH BACON. Bacon adds a ton of flavor, and makes everything better! I use Jones Dry Aged Bacon, because it’s the best one on the market.
- IT’S ONE POT. Almost no clean-up required.
- IT’S ABSOLUTELY SCRUMPTIOUS. I just can’t say enough about how tasty this Fried Cabbage is.
HOW TO SELECT CABBAGE
For this recipe, you’ll need the regular green cabbage that is sold in almost every grocery store or supermarket. Select a medium-sized head that feels heavy for its size. The leaves should look crisp and fresh, without cracks or blemishes.
Here is some more info: How to Select and Store Cabbage
HOW TO MAKE FRIED CABBAGE
1. In a large non-stick skillet, sauté the bacon, bell pepper, and onion over medium heat for 7 minutes.
2. Add the red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
3. Add the water and chopped cabbage to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 20-25 minutes, or until the water evaporates.*
4. Once the water evaporates, keep frying the cabbage for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the hot sauce. Serve.
* Some cabbage varieties cook faster than others. Adjust the cooking time, if necessary. If needed, add a little bit more water.
Please take a moment to leave your feedback, once you try this dish. I am so thrilled to hear how you enjoyed it! Thanks for sticking with me!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FRIED CABBAGE
This dish is wonderful on its own, but it will pair well with cooked rice, quinoa, couscous, and mashed potatoes.
I BET YOU’ll ALSO LOVE THESE CABBAGE RECIPES:
- Cabbage Sauteed with Chicken
- Cabbage Lasagna
- Cabbage with Ribs
- Skinny Cabbage Salad
- Creamy Cabbage with Chicken
FRIED CABBAGE VIDEO RECIPE
THE BEST FRIED CABBAGE
- 3 pork bacon strips thick-cut
- 1 medium cabbage head about 3 lbs., roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/4 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, sauté the bacon, bell pepper, and onion over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
- Add the water and chopped cabbage to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 20-25 minutes, or until the water evaporates.*
- Once the water evaporates, keep frying the cabbage for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the hot sauce. Serve.