Christmas is right around the corner. That’s right. Time is flying so fast that it makes my head spin! Do you feel the same way friends?
So, I was thinking recently, what would make a good breakfast for a Christmas morning? I am sure your kids and family members will have an awesome morning with all the presents and stuff, but how about you spice it up and make it even better with this Eggnog French Toast recipe?
It won’t take a lot of your time, so you won’t miss out on any quality time with your family next to the Christmas tree. Just WHISK the eggs with eggnog, DIP the bread into the mixture and FRY the toast. Super easy and super fun!
Serve this Eggnog French Toast with fresh berries, maple syrup, honey, jam or just some butter. And don’t forget about the coffee! Yeah, right, like you could do that… ?
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8 slices white bread
- to garnish confectioners sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, eggnog, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Heat up a non-stick griddle over medium heat and spray it with some vegetable oil.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture. Fry slices until golden brown for about 2 minutes, then flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup, fruits, jam and/or butter.