This Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is an easy, scrumptious summer salad. It’s crunchy, fresh, and made with everyday ingredients. It’s a family favorite.
Just a few common ingredients create this colorful and healthy goodness. This salad is incredibly easy to make and it is the perfect side to almost any dish. Sharpen your knives and let’s start chopping!
Why I Love this Cucumber Tomato and Avocado Salad
This salad is so special to me, because:
- It’s bursting with flavor! The combination of crunchy cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, and smooth avocados works really great. Fresh cilantro, lemon juice, and olive oil make a wonderful dressing.
- It’s super easy to make! Just roughly chop the veggies, drizzle with olive oil, squeeze some lemon juice, and add some salt & pepper. Done!
- I always have the ingredients at home. We are growing cucumbers and tomatoes, so we enjoy a nice harvest all summer long. Avocados are one of my most favorite foods, so I always have them on hand.
- It’s healthy. This salad is loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
- Cucumbers. You can use any kind of cucumber to make this salad. If your cucumbers have a lot of seeds inside, you can definitely scape them out. You should peel your cucumbers if they have waxy skin.
- Tomatoes. I am using grape/cherry tomatoes, because they are a bit more flavorful. But any kind of tomato would work.
- Avocados. Make sure your avocados are not too mushy. Here is a handy guide on how to pick avocados: How to Buy a Good Avocado.
- Optional Red Onion. I don’t put onions in my salad, but if can definitely add some for extra flavor and crunch.
- Cilantro. You can use parsley, if you are not a cilantro fan. Chives and basil also make good substitutes.
- Lemon Juice. Real stuff, please.
- Olive Oil. Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for maximum flavor and health benefits. California Olive Ranch is my favorite brand!
- Salt and Pepper.
How to Make Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
1. Wash the vegetables and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Place them in a medium bowl.
2. Finely chop the cilantro and add to the vegetables.
3. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with This Salad
This Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad makes a great side dish for pretty much any meal. It’s beautiful with all of the fresh colors and flavor, and it’s always a crowd pleaser.
I especially enjoy it with these Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, my super-easy Rice and Beans, this elegant Baked Cod, foolproof Salmon Patties, popular and simple Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast, and classic Spinach Risotto.
How to Store this Salad
This is one of those salads that is best eaten right away. It can stay up to six hours in the refrigerator. Keep it longer and the avocados start getting dark, and the tomatoes and cucumbers will start releasing water, so it won’t look appealing at all. Just make as much as you are planning to eat.
If you want to add more flavors and serve this salad as a full meal, you can just add some grilled chicken or shrimp on top. I love adding feta cheese to this salad as well.
More Fresh Salads you’d Love:
Watch How to Make This Recipe:
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- 3 small avocados
- 5 small cucumbers
- 12 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch cilantro about 1/4 cup
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Place them in a medium bowl.
- Finely chop the cilantro and add to the vegetables.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.