This 5-ingredient Creamy Spinach Tortellini makes a quick and tasty dinner that all the family will love!
Can you believe that this scrumptious-looking dinner is made out of 5 ingredients and the cooking time is under 30 minutes? Indeed, it is true. It is a life saver when you are short on time and have a hungry family waiting for dinner.
I love cooking with tortellini. I used to make tortellini myself (thank you, mom, for teaching me!), but I have had to use store-bought for the past couple of years. It saves a ton of time, plus, the store-bought tortellini tastes great as well! I especially like the Three Cheese Tortellini by Buitoni, so that’s what I used in this recipe. You can find this in Walmart and a lot of other large supermarkets.
Here is a list of the necessary ingredients:
- 20 oz. package of Three Cheese Tortellini (or your favorite kind)
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 cups of loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup of shredded Colby Jack or mozzarella cheese
Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, simmer cream cheese with chicken stock for about 10 minutes.
Add spinach to the cream cheese sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Add tortellini and mix well with the sauce.
Lastly, sprinkle the tortellini with some cheese and bake in an oven preheated to 400°F for about 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Your dinner is ready! I told you it’s going to be easy. 🙂 Serve the Creamy Spinach Tortellini with some fresh salad on the side.
I cannot wait to hear how you enjoyed this recipe, friends! I’d love to see some photos, so make sure you snap a picture and add #cooktoria on Instagram.
MORE TASTY PASTA RECIPES:
- Creamy Seafood Pasta
- Easy Rigatoni Bolognese
- Fettuccine with Roasted Pepper Sauce and Chicken
- Shrimp Fettuccine
CREAMY SPINACH TORTELLINI
- 20 oz. Three Cheese Tortellini (or your favorite kind)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Colby Jack or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Start by cooking the tortellini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large, oven proof skillet, simmer the cream cheese with chicken broth for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add spinach to the cream cheese sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini, mix everything well and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 7-10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.
Before you go...
Check out these recipes