This 5-ingredient Creamy Spinach Tortellini makes a quick and tasty dinner that all the family will love!
Can you believe that this scrumptious-looking dinner is made out of 5 ingredients and the cooking time is under 30 minutes? Indeed, it is true. It is a life saver when you are short on time and have a hungry family waiting for dinner.
I love cooking with tortellini. I used to make tortellini myself (thank you, mom, for teaching me!), but I have had to use store-bought for the past couple of years. It saves a ton of time, plus, the store-bought tortellini tastes great as well! I especially like the Three Cheese Tortellini by Buitoni, so that’s what I used in this recipe. You can find this in Walmart and a lot of other large supermarkets.
Here is a list of the necessary ingredients:
- 20 oz. package of Three Cheese Tortellini (or your favorite kind)
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 cups of loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup of shredded Colby Jack or mozzarella cheese
Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, simmer cream cheese with chicken stock for about 10 minutes.
Add spinach to the cream cheese sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Add tortellini and mix well with the sauce.
Lastly, sprinkle the tortellini with some cheese and bake in an oven preheated to 400°F for about 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Your dinner is ready! I told you it’s going to be easy. 🙂 Serve the Creamy Spinach Tortellini with some fresh salad on the side.
I cannot wait to hear how you enjoyed this recipe, friends! I’d love to see some photos, so make sure you snap a picture and add #cooktoria on Instagram.
MORE TASTY PASTA RECIPES:
- Creamy Seafood Pasta
- Easy Rigatoni Bolognese
- Fettuccine with Roasted Pepper Sauce and Chicken
- Shrimp Fettuccine
CREAMY SPINACH TORTELLINI
- 20 oz. Three Cheese Tortellini (or your favorite kind)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Colby Jack or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Start by cooking the tortellini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large, oven proof skillet, simmer the cream cheese with chicken broth for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add spinach to the cream cheese sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini, mix everything well and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 7-10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.
Before you go...
Check out these recipes
POTATO GNOCCHI WITH MUSHROOMS AND FETA
SALMON BURGERS WITH AVOCADO SALSA
Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM to get some more deliciousness! ❤❤❤
Recipe was delicious! I’m thinking of adding chicken to it. Other than seasoning the chicken itself do you think I need to add more sauce?
Tania Sheff says
Hi Kami! I don't think you need more sauce. Happy cooking!
I added chicken cacciatore to this recipe, WOW! This was a big hit with my daughters, and they are serious critics. This is a keeper recipe, thank you.
Tania Sheff says
Perfect! Thanks, James!