This is a healthy combination of refreshing cucumbers, crunchy radishes and creamy cottage cheese. This is a MUST TRY salad recipe this summer!
Hello friends! Allow me to introduce you to this fresh and creamy cucumber-radish salad. Growing up in Ukraine I ate this salad almost every day during hotter months of the year. It is probably the #1 summer salad in Ukraine, and for a good reason. It is easy to make, healthy and super delicious. I bet you’ll love it!
There are a lot of variations of this salad, but this is my favorite one. We (read: the Ukrainians) often add some chopped tomatoes to this salad, which works well too. I think the best part is the combination of cottage cheese and scallions. My Bulgarian husband prefers feta over cottage cheese, so you can certainly try it with feta too.
To make this delicious salad you’ll need:
- 2 medium cucumbers,
- 6-7 radishes,
- 1 bunch of scallions,
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- salt and pepper.
1. Peel, half, seed, and slice cucumbers.
2. Wash and thinly slice the radishes.
3. Chop the scallions.
4. Place all the ingredients into a medium salad bowl and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
6. Stir everything together and the salad is ready!
I am trying out some new things on Cooktoria these days, and I would like to know if you guys are enjoying the new step-by-step photos of the recipes. I think it’s a useful addition that allows you to glance through the photographs and capture what the recipe involves in just a few seconds, but, at the same time, I don’t want to clutter the post. I would greatly appreciate your feedback, so don’t be shy and share your opinion in the comments section.
Creamy Cucumber-Radish Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 6-7 radishes
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- salt and pepper
- Peel, half, seed, and slice cucumbers.
- Wash and thinly slice the radishes.
- Chop the scallions.
- Place all the ingredients into a medium salad bowl and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Stir everything together and enjoy!
Before you go…
Check out these recipes