These tender Creamy Chicken Thighs are loaded with flavor! Spinach, roasted peppers, onions, Parmesan, and cream come together to create an absolutely scrumptious sauce.
This is one of the most loved chicken recipes in my family. It is a very rich, flavorful, and filling meal, and it pairs well with almost any side dish. Steamed veggies, rice, mashed potatoes, fries, and zoodles are among my favorite additions. The ingredient list is pretty short, and there is almost no clean up since we are cooking everything in one pot. Now, that’s pretty awesome!
I can keep talking more about how incredibly delicious and amazing these Creamy Chicken Thighs are, but instead, I will just start cooking them. How about you join me?
Ingredient list for Creamy Chicken Thighs:
- 2 lbs. of skin-on chicken thighs (drumsticks or breasts work, too)
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of roasted peppers, cut into thin strips (see note)
- 1 cup of Half & Half
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, and keep frying the chicken until cooked through. The cooking time with vary, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
3. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. To the same skillet, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft and golden in color. Add the red pepper flakes and roasted peppers, and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the cream, and bring to a simmer. Add the spinach, and when it wilts down, add the Parmesan. Stir the sauce.
5. Return the chicken to the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes, spooning the sauce over it. Remove the skillet from the heat. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CHICKEN THIGHS
PIN THIS RECIPE