This post has been sponsored by the J.M. Smucker Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Rich and creamy, this Coconut Coffee Smoothie, full of coconut-chocolate flavor, is a HEALTHY and DELICIOUS way to start your day!
Hello, dear coffee lovers! I’ve got a great Coconut Coffee Smoothie recipe for you today. I’ve been enjoying this tasty beverage at least twice a week this past month, and I am dying to share it with you. Not only does it make a quick/light/energy-boosting breakfast, but I think it would make a great pre-workout beverage, or just an afternoon treat.
While browsing the endless coffee selection at my local Target, I found this Dunkin’ Donuts Coconut Ground Coffee. I enjoy everything coconut flavored, so I just had to try it. L-O-V-E-D it! Seriously, the second I opened the coffee bag and smelt the sweet, coconut aroma, I knew this was going to be something special. And indeed it was. The taste was rich and well-balanced, with a hint of coconut. Being a smoothie addict, I immediately thought about making my next masterpiece with it. This Dunkin’ Donuts Coconut Ground Coffee is available for a limited time only at Target, so I encourage you to try it while you can.
Ready to give this Coconut Coffee Smoothie a try?
Although it’s very easy to make this Coconut Coffee Smoothie, you’ll need to take one extra step the night before. Prepare the coffee, pour it into an ice cube tray, and freeze it. This way, you’ll have all of the necessary smoothie ingredients on hand the following morning, and it’ll only take you a minute or two to blend them together.
You can make the coffee as strong as you’d like. I use a French press, but regular brewed coffee will work as well. This coffee can stay in the freezer for up to one month, so you may choose to freeze some extra (although I doubt it’ll last you that long!).
I think Dunkin’ Donuts Coconut Ground Coffee works best in this recipe and helps to bring an exciting hint of coconut to the smoothie.
Use regular or reduced fat coconut milk. Cow, almond, soy, and cashew milk will taste great in this smoothie, too.
Almond butter adds a nice texture and some sweetness to the smoothie. If you like things on the sweeter side, you may use a little (1/2 tbsp.) honey in addition to the almond butter.
Shredded coconut could also be substituted with toasted coconut flakes.
Ready to give this smoothie a try?
Here is a full ingredient list:
- 1 1/2 cups of brewed Dunkin’ Donuts Coconut Ground Coffee
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup of coconut milk (or the milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. of cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. of shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp. of honey (optional)
1. First, pour the coffee into ice cube tray and freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Place the frozen coffee ice cubes and the rest of the ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.
3. Taste for sweetness and adjust by adding honey, if needed. Serve.
I cannot wait to hear your feedback, friends! What is your favorite way to brew coffee? Have you tried a coffee smoothie before?
P.S. Try this Coffee Banana Smoothie, if you make some extra coffee ice cubes. 🙂
Coconut Coffee SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 cup brewed Dunkin’ Donuts Coconut Ground Coffee
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk (or the milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp. honey (optional)
- First, pour the coffee into ice cube tray and freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- Place the frozen coffee ice cubes and the rest of the ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust by adding honey, if needed. Serve.
PIN THIS RECIPE