Try this simple, yet scrumptious, Cinnamon Fried Pineapple. It requires just a few common ingredients and only 10 minutes of your time.
If you have a craving for a tasty, tropical-inspired dessert that is super easy to make, I’ve got you covered! Try this Cinnamon Fried Pineapple on a bed of vanilla ice cream. Sometimes the simplest things taste THE BEST.
Succulent pineapple fried with fragrant cinnamon, butter, and honey to golden perfection… Who can say no to that?
First things first. Let’s learn how to pick a tasty pineapple.
HOW TO CHOOSE PINEAPPLE?
Choosing a perfect pineapple might get tricky. Use these tips when shopping for this tasty fruit.
- THE LOOK. When determining if a pineapple is ripe and fresh, always pay attention to how healthy it looks. It should have nice, vibrant yellow and green colors (avoid brown!) and fresh looking leaves. Usually, the more yellow color you see on the fruit, the more ripe/sweet it is.
- THE TOUCH. Shopping for pineapples is similar to avocados because you’ll need to press the fruit in order to determine how ripe it is. Ripe pineapple should be pretty firm, but soft enough that it gives slightly when you press down on it. When it’s rock hard, it means the fruit is not ripe, and unlike many other fruits, pineapples do not ripen after they have been harvested.
- THE SMELL. Pineapples should have a sweet, pleasant smell near the stem on the bottom. If there is no scent at all, it means that the pineapple is not ripe.
Once you get your hands on a good pineapple, you are ready to make this delicious Cinnamon Fried Pineapple.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON FRIED PINEAPPLE:
1. Cut the pineapple into small bite-sized pieces. (Check the video instructions below for reference).
2. Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. Add the pineapple pieces and fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. Remove the pineapple from the skillet and serve.
5. Enjoy the pineapple as is, or serve it on top of vanilla ice cream.
CINNAMON FRIED PINEAPPLE SERVING IDEAS:
- Over your favorite ice cream
- With crepes for breakfast
- As a topping for your Dutch Baby Pancake
- On top of Nutella-covered toast (oh yeah!)
- 1/2 small pineapple
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- vanilla ice cream for serving
Cut the pineapple into small bite-sized pieces. (Check the video instructions above for reference).
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
Add the pineapple pieces and fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Remove the pineapple from the skillet and serve.
Enjoy the pineapple as is, or serve it on top of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition facts do not include ice cream.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER