Very easy to make, yet so tender and tasty, these Chicken Burgers with Avocado Salsa are going to be loved by everyone!
I really love these Chicken Burgers with Avocado Corn Salsa. They make a quick and delicious dinner and require just a few ingredients and only 30 minutes of your time. It’s summer now; who has the time to cook?
Indeed, I cook only quick recipes during the summer months. A lot of salads, smoothies, and 20 minutes dinners. Oh! And corn on the cob! Can't live without this Perfect Corn on the Cob recipe! I try to take long walks along the beautiful Atlantic Ocean every morning and I enjoy spending my afternoons reading a book in the park or traveling to nearby farms to pick cherries, strawberries, blueberries and other summer treats. So I don’t spend much time indoors. Can you blame me?
Back to our tasty chicken burgers. Since I don’t have an outdoor grill, I use my favorite nonstick grill pan to cook these burgers. Of course, I encourage you to use an outdoor grill, if you have one, for even more flavor.
Here is the ingredient list:
- 1 ½ lbs. of ground chicken
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (Cheddar, Gouda)
- ¼ of mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
1. Place the chicken meat into a mixing bowl and add scallions and cheese.
2. Add mayo, salt and pepper and mix everything well.
3. Using ½ cup as a measure, scoop the chicken mixture and form patties. Preheat large, non-stick grill pan with small amount of oil and cook the burgers for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
While the burgers are cooking, prepare Avocado Corn Salsa by mixing sliced avocado, fresh corn kernels, chopped cilantro with lime juice, olive oil and some salt and pepper.
Serve these burgers topped with Avocado Corn Salsa. The flavors work really well together!
Chicken Burgers with Avocado Corn Salsa
For the Chicken Burgers
For the Avocado Corn Salsa
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 ear of fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- ⅛ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lime, juiced
- Place the chicken into a medium mixing bowl. Add shredded cheese, chopped scallions, mayo, salt and pepper and mix everything well.
- Using ½ cup as a measure, scoop the chicken mixture and form round shaped patties.
- Using outdoor grill or a grill pan, cook the patties about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- While the burgers are grilling, prepare the Avocado Corn Salsa.
Avocado Corn Salsa
- Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the corn cob.
- Place the corn kernels, sliced avocado and cilantro into a medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve this Avocado Corn Salsa atop the Chicken Burgers.