Scrumptious combination of grilled paprika chicken, creamy avocados with fresh lettuce, blackberries and topped with tangy blackberry dressing. This Chicken Avocado Salad makes a delicious and filling lunch!
Recently, I am all about fruity salad dressings. They are just so flavorful, refreshing and pair very well with berries, chicken, shrimp and other things you like to put on the salad. The Chicken Avocado Salad I am sharing with you today is easy to make, colorful, healthy and yummy. Who can resist that?
Summer is finally here in NJ. We’ve got a lot of fresh produce on supermarket shelves now, and I am stocking up. Blackberries are my favorite berries, so it’s no surprise I came up with this treat. I really hope you’ll enjoy this salad, friends, and leave a comment on how much you liked it. Without further ado, I present to you CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD WITH BLACKBERRY DRESSING.
To prepare the chicken you’ll need:
- 2 chicken breasts
First, cut the chicken breast into 1/2 inch thick slices and sprinkle with salt, pepper and a generous (!) amount of paprika. Spray a large, non-stick grill pan with vegetable oil and grill the chicken on a high heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until it is cooked through.
To prepare the dressing you’ll need:
- 4 oz. of fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 2 tbsp. of white wine vinegar
Just place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. (I am using a single serve Ninja smoothie cup and it is AMAZING! Minimal cleanup and I can also store the dressing in the same cup. 🙂 )
You are almost done. Now, what’s left to do is to arrange the lettuce on a serving platter. Top it with the paprika chicken, avocado slices and some blackberries. And of course, pour a generous amount of dressing on top…
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 oz fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small lettuce, leaves torn into pieces
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 20 fresh blackberries
- Slice the chicken breast into 1/2 thick strips. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and generous amount of paprika.
- Heat up a large, non-stick grilling pan on a high heat. Cook the chicken slices for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through and set aside,
- Place the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Arrange the lettuce on the serving platter(s). Place the chicken, avocado and blackberries on top. Sprinkle with the dressing and serve immediately.