This incredibly delicious Easy Chicken and Zoodles makes a light, yet filling, dinner. Tender, paprika-seasoned chicken breast pairs so well with succulent, garlic-infused zucchini noodles.
This Chicken and Zoodles is going to make you fall in love with zucchini noodles. Not only is zucchini "pasta" good for you, it is also very tasty and easy to cook. Once you give this dish a try, there is no going back. You'll be making it over and over again.
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI NOODLES (ZOODLES)
You'll need a spiralizer and some fresh zucchini to make zoodles. A spiralizer is a tool that turns veggies into spiraled, curly, pasta-like strands. Spiralizers are now made by different brands, and may vary by shapes, amount of blades, and ease of use. I bought this Ultimate 7-Blade Vegetable Spiralizer from Amazon and I am very happy with it. It is reliable, easy to use, and inexpensive. If you don't have a spiralizer, and don't quite feel like buying it yet, you can find packaged spiralized zucchini is large grocery stores, usually located next to the fresh organic produce or pre-cut salad ingredients. Read more about spiralizing here: 7 Best Vegetables to Spiralize. Check out my video tutorial below!
WHAT KIND OF CHICKEN TO USE
I am using thinly sliced chicken breast in this recipe. However, you can use chicken thighs if you prefer dark chicken meat. In this case, de-bone the thighs, remove the skins, and chop into medium-sized pieces.
Chicken and Zoodles Tip & Tricks:
- This recipe can also be made with fish or shrimps instead of chicken.
- When cooking zoodles, use tongs to flip them. It's the best tool for the job.
- Use a non-stick pan for the best results.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND ZOODLES
1. Place the chicken into a medium bowl. Add the paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix well.
2. Heat up a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
3. To the same skillet, add the butter, garlic, and zucchini noodles. Season them with salt and red pepper flakes. Let them cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they start to soften, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat. Slice the chicken and place on top of the zoodles. Serve immediately.
* Use store-bought or homemade spiralized zucchini. To make zoodles at home, just wash the zucchini and cut off the ends. Spiralize using the “spaghetti” setting on your spiralizer.
You'll also love:
- 7 Best Vegetables to Spiralize
- Keto & Paleo Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Flounder with Carrot Noodles
- Ultimate Zucchini Salad
- Creamy Zucchini Sauce
Chicken and Zoodles Video Tutorial
QUICK & EASY CHICKEN AND ZOODLES
- 1 lb. chicken breast thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. spiralized zucchini 3 medium zucchinis
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken into a medium bowl. Add the paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Heat up a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add the butter, garlic, and zucchini noodles. Season them with salt and red pepper flakes. Let them cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they start to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Slice the chicken and place on top of the zoodles. Serve immediately.
Chrissie Baker says
Yes! after the holiday season I am looking for lighter dishes like this one, this sounds fantastic! love it in everyway 🙂
Yay! Me too! Thanks, Chrissie!
Mary Bostow says
This is straight up DELICIOUS! Easy, healthy, and it reheated like a dream! It will definitely be on regular rotation in our house!
Thank you, Mary!
Julia Mazurchak says
I made this yesterday and it was delicious. My husband, who does not even eat zucchini tried it and thought it was “pretty, pretty, good!” I served a second batch and he really enjoyed it. Thank you for a recipe that gets my husband to eat zucchini!
Thank you, Julia! I am glad you and your husband enjoyed it!
Thanks for the recipe! I love that it’s healthy, light and looks so pretty. I already know I’m going to be making this again and again.
Thank you, Bee! It's one of my favorite recipes.
Mahy Elamin says
This was very good!!! Thank you for a yummy AND easy recipe. (ps your photos are beautiful!)
Thank you, Mahy!