Ooh la la and mamma mia! All the colors of the rainbow are present in this amazing beetroot burger. I say: give it a try. It won’t even take long.
First thing’s first. I would like to emphasize the importance of good beets. I noticed over time that some beets are not as sweet as others and some are downright bitter. I am not quite sure why that is, but, when shopping for beets, pay attention to the color. Rich and deep colors usually indicate sweet beets. Usually, but not always — so before you throw the beets in the food processor, taste a slice to make sure it’s worth cooking.
Next, I would like to point out that below you will find the recipe only for the burger patties. I decided not to tell you how to assemble the burger. You know better. Your favorite bun + your favorite veggies + your favorite cheese + your favorite condiments = THE BEST BURGER EVER! I think guacamole or just smashed avocado with some lemon juice and salt make a good addition to this burger. Give it a try, friends.
BEETROOT BURGERPrint Pin Rate
- 2 medium beets peeled
- 1 medium onion peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- to taste chopped dill or parsley
- to taste salt and pepper
- for frying canola oil
- Chop the beets, onions and garlic roughly and pulse in a food processor until smooth. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the mixture and stir well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, set it aside and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- 3. After 30 minutes have passed, form the patties (I used 1/2 cup of mixture for each patty) and fry them on a non-stick pan with a small amount of oil on medium-low heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on ciabatta rolls or regular buns with desired toppings.