This Baked Breaded Tilapia recipe is a keeper! Succulent fish, covered with garlicky breadcrumbs and baked to perfection.
So incredibly simple to make, Baked Breaded Tilapia is sure to be loved by every member of your family! It requires just a few common ingredients and about 10 minutes of active time. Once the fish is in the oven, you’ll have time to set the table and make a salad or some steamed veggies to go along with this wonderful dish.
This is one of my favorite ways to cook fish. I have never met anyone who didn’t LOVE this recipe. Sometimes the simplest dishes are the most delicious. It is definitely the case with this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BREADCRUMBS?
To make the breadcrumbs you’ll need slightly stale (at least one-day old) Italian bread. Regular white bread should do the trick too. Use a food processor or even a hand chopper to process the bread until small crumbs form.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED BREADED TILAPIA?
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the tilapia pieces on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, garlic and butter.
3. Divide the breadcrumb mixture between the fish pieces and coat them evenly.
4. Press the breadcrumbs with your hands slightly, to make sure they are covering the fish nicely.
5. Now, the only step left is to bake this beauty. You’ll need to bake the fillets for about 15-20 minutes, depending on how thick they are. I would suggest keeping an eye on the fish during the last 3 minutes, as the breadcrumbs can get burned easily. Once the tilapia is baked, it should look like this.
Nice, golden-brown crust with succulent fish inside… Yum!
WHAT TO SERVE BAKED BREADED TILAPIA WITH?
Serve this dish with a side of your choice. A garden salad, steamed broccoli, mashed potatoes, or couscous are all great choices! And don’t forget to add a few lemon wedges on the side, because it sure adds that amazing tangy flavor to this dish.
Cannot wait to hear how you liked it!!!
Hey seafood lover! You’ll also enjoy these:
BAKED TILAPIA WITH GARLIC BREADCRUMBS
- 2 medium tilapia fillets cut into 6 pieces
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the tilapia pieces on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, garlic and butter.
- Divide the mixture between the fish pieces and coat them evenly. Press the crumbs on with your hands slightly to make sure that they are covering the fish nicely.
- Bake the fish for 15-20 minutes, or until it is white and flakes easily, and the crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges.