I am not sure what you are cooking on this fine Christmas morning, but I am cooking a sweet, comforting pancake with fresh berries. Yes, I miss summer, and since it’s so easy to find fresh berries in December here in the US, I figured I MUST treat myself (and my hubby)! Would you enjoy a treat like this?
If your answer is, “Yes, of course,” let’s not lose any time and get to cooking! (High five!✋).
I have good news for you: it is really easy to make this deliciousness. It will take a few minutes to prepare the batter and, once the pancake is baking in the oven, you’ll have time to prepare the berries and make some coffee or tea.
This pancake will definitely make a filling breakfast for two adults. Or you can just cut it into slices and share with the whole family — whatever works for you.
Of course, the toppings are fully customizable. You may use raspberries, blackberries, pomegranate, chopped mango, persimmon or whatever else you like. I bet you will LOVE IT!
BAKED PANCAKE WITH FRESH BERRIES
For the pancake
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk milk, eggs and vanilla extract together.
- Sift the flour into another bowl. Add baking powder, sugar and salt and stir slightly.
- Put the butter into the 8 or 9 inch non-stick skillet with a heat proof handle and melt it on a medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted and starts to foam, pour the butter into the milk mixture and stir.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry and whisk gently.
- Pour this mixture onto the still hot skillet and place it in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the pancake looks well browned and puffy. (It will deflate once it cools down)
- Spread Nutella over the pancake and top it with strawberries and blueberries.
Before you go…
I have more recipes to share!