Very simple, flavorful, and tasty, this Avocado Tuna Salad requires just a few ingredients and 10 minutes of your time.
Bright, fresh ingredients come together to create this delicious Avocado Tuna Salad. The crunchy onions, succulent tomatoes, creamy avocado, tuna, and generous bunch of cilantro make this salad a great lunch or snack. Not a fan of cilantro? No problem! Just substitute it with fresh parsley.
I absolutely love how all of the ingredients work together in this salad. I used tomato medley, just to give some extra flavors and colors, but cherry or regular tomatoes will work great as well. When shopping for avocados, try getting the ones that are just about to turn ripe; this way, the cut pieces will hold their shape better. If you need help with picking a great avocado, use this guide: How to Know When a Fresh Avocado is Ripe. If you’ll purchase some extra avocados, try making this Tomato Avocado Salad. It’s very tasty, too!
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes and avocados into small pieces. Slice the onion thinly and chop the cilantro.
2. Place the veggies into a large mixing bowl. Add the tuna, lemon juice, and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Mix well.
Note: Drain about half of the oil from the tuna can. This way, you’ll end up with the perfect amount of oil in the salad.
You’ll also love:
- Tomato Avocado Salad
- Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa
- Chicken Burgers with Avocado Salsa
- Chicken Avocado Salad
Avocado Tuna Salad
- 2 avocados
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (or tomato medley)
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 oz. tuna in oil (some oil drained. See note below)
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the cherry tomatoes and avocados into small pieces. Slice the onion thinly and chop the cilantro.
- Place the veggies into a large mixing bowl. Add the tuna, lemon juice, and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Mix well.
PIN THIS RECIPE