This Tilapia in Roasted Pepper Sauce is absolutely scrumptious, elegant and worthy of a special occasion. You won’t believe how easy it is to make it!
I am really proud to share this tasty Tilapia in Roasted Pepper Sauce recipe with you. I’ve been trying to come up with the perfect roasted pepper sauce and I finally found it! Yay!!! It pairs so well with tender tilapia and I can say, without any hesitation, that this dish makes it into my top 3 most loved recipes. Did I mention that it is super easy to make?
Seriously, after you cook this dish, you’ll feel like you are at an expensive restaurant. Don’t forget to pair it with fresh, toasted bread and a glass of your favorite wine. You can also serve it on top of pasta if you’d like to have a more filling meal. I found I like it best with garlic bread. My husband loves dipping the bread into the creamy sauce while sipping his wine. Whatever you choose to serve it with, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
Here is a list of the necessary ingredients:
- 1 lb. (or more) tilapia filets
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 oz. roasted peppers, chopped
- 6 oz. roasted peppers, pureed
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper
- chopped parsley to garnish
1. Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in a large, non-stick skillet and fry the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
2. Season the fish with salt and pepper, remove from the skillet, and set aside. In the same pan, add the remaining 1 tbsp. of butter and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and chopped and pureed roasted peppers, then keep cooking for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Turn off the heat, stir, and taste if the sauce needs more salt.
5. Return the fish to the pan and cover it with sauce.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using this link.
Before you go…
Check out these recipes