This Simple Potato Cake with Onions makes a perfect and filling lunch. Made with just 4 ingredients, this recipe is not to be missed!
Today, I decided to share a very simple, yet very delicious recipe. The is nothing better than these perfectly baked, buttery potato slices with a side of fresh salad… I love how crispy they are from the outside, and how tender and soft from the inside. And the sweet addition on baked onion… Who can resist that?
I’ve made this recipe many times in many different variations. Simple Potato Cake with Onions is probably the best to start with and then you can also customize it to your liking. I found it tastes amazing with mushrooms and feta. By the way potatoes, mushrooms and feta cheese are my three most favorite foods in the world and I cook A LOT of recipes with these.
To achieve the best result, I recommend using russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, which are very common here, in the US. Also, I am using dried Italian herbs in this recipe, but feel free to substitute with fresh thyme, rosemary, oregano or skip the herbs altogether.
Here is the ingredient list:
- 4 large russet potatoes (approx. 2 lb.), thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Place the potatoes into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add the onions, butter, dried herbs, salt and pepper and mix everything very well.
3. Place parchment paper inside of the 9″ Springform Pan. Add the potato mixture on top and spread it nicely.
4. Bake for about 50-55 minutes until potatoes look golden brown and cooked through.
Garnish with some chopped parsley and some extra sea salt. Don’t forget to share your feedback or snap a quick Instagram photo with #cooktoria.
Before you go…
Check out these recipes