This is seriously TASTY, incredibly SIMPLE, and truly THE BEST Kale Salad on Earth! Made with just a few ingredients, this recipe is not to be missed.
I make this Simple Kale Salad at least once a week, all year round. It is healthy, delicious, and very versatile. Crunchy apples, roasted almonds, and fresh kale, covered with lemony dressing and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese… Mmmm. Doesn’t it sound yummy?
If you’ve never tried kale before, I think this is THE SALAD you need to start with. It will make you fall in love with kale instantly, and you’ll find yourself buying this healthy super food again and again. I find it tastes best with roasted almonds, but roasted sunflower seeds would be a great substitute.
Here is the ingredient list for the Simple Kale Salad:
- A bunch of fresh kale (about 1 lb.)
- 1 large semi-sweet apple
- 3/4 cup of roasted almonds
- Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic
- salt, to taste
1. Start by prepping the kale first. Rinse thoroughly, remove the stems, and cut it into thin, ¼-inch-wide slices. Place the kale into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Place all of the dressing ingredients into a jar, cover with tight lid, and shake well.
3. Pour the dressing onto the kale and massage with your hands for about three to five minutes.
4. Cut the apple into small cubes. Chop the almonds using a knife or food processor.
5. Add the apples and almonds to the salad and mix well.
6. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.
I am fell in love with this salad from the first bite, and so will you. Please, share your thoughts in the comments below, and if you make this salad, snap a quick photo and tag it @cooktoria on Instagram, I would love to see it!