This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplyAvocado #CollectiveBias
These crunchy and tasty Simple Black Bean Nachos are loaded with refried beans, caramelized onions, and cheese, and make a perfect snack or even lunch. Dip them in smashed avocados and enjoy!
When I think of my favorite snack, these Simple Black Bean Nachos immediately come to mind. Not only are these easy to make, they are just bursting with flavor! A large sheet pan is perfect for baking and serving them on. It allows you to spread the nachos in a thin layer, so the refried beans, caramelized onions, melted cheese, and salsa cover them evenly.
To make these Simple Black Bean Nachos even better, I suggest serving them with a bowl of yummy smashed avocado. I never eat nachos without avocado. They are just a match made in heaven. If you feel the same way, I suggest trying WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™. It is what it sounds like: simply smashed avocado with a touch of sea salt. It’s a tasty avocado mash that has no preservatives and comes in two flavors: Sea Salt and Garlic Herb. Just peel off the plastic cover and dip your nachos into the avocado goodness. I love to have a couple of boxes of this in my refrigerator to add to my meals, just like this one. I buy SIMPLY AVOCADO™ at the local Walmart. It can be found in the freshly-cut produce section of the store.
Let’s talk about the ingredient list, which is pretty short:
- 8 oz. of corn tortilla chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) of refried black beans
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin half circles
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack & cheddar cheese blend
- 1 package (8 oz.) of WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- fresh jalapenos and cilantro, to garnish
1. Cook the onions in butter on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a small serving bowl in the center of a large sheet pan. Arrange the tortilla chips around the bowl. Top the chips with the refried beans and caramelized onions. Sprinkle the cheese on top and remove the bowl.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, place the bowl back in the empty space in the center, and fill it with SIMPLY AVOCADO™. Sprinkle salsa on top. Garnish with chopped jalapenos and cilantro leaves.
You are now ready to enjoy these colorful and delicious Simple Black Bean Nachos! You are also welcome to experiment with the toppings. Tomatoes, corn, fresh onions, sour cream, green salsa, and hot sauce will all work well in this dish. But, of course, the best way to enjoy it is with good company and some beer (I meant juice)! Cheers!
PIN THIS RECIPE