This Scrambled Egg Toast is so easy to make, and so incredibly tasty, that it is going to make your morning better. Guaranteed.
Good morning, dear readers! I have a special breakfast treat for you today – The Best Scrambled Egg Toast! It is one of the most loved recipes in my family and for a good reason. It is SCRUMPTIOUS. What could be better than a tasty scrambled egg on top of crunchy, buttery toast?
There is a secret ingredient that takes the scrambled eggs from good to super tasty. It is feta cheese. Feta adds a wonderful texture and improves the taste of scrambled eggs. Of course, you’ll want to use a good-quality feta cheese. Try to find the kind that is sold in bricks, not crumbles. If you’d like, you can order it from Amazon.
The ingredient list is pretty short:
- 2 slices of bread (I used white sourdough bread)
- 1/2 tbsp. of butter for frying eggs + more to butter the bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of good-quality feta cheese crumbles
- chopped parsley or dill to garnish
1. Spread a thin layer of softened butter on both sides of the bread. Fry the bread on medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden a crust forms.
2. Remove the bread from the frying pan and add 1/2 tbsp. of butter. Add the eggs and feta cheese and cook, stirring often, for about 3-4 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through.
3. Divide the eggs between the bread slices and sprinkle with freshly chopped dill or parsley.
4. Make yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy The Best Scrambled Egg Toast.
Let me know how you liked this easy, yet so tasty, breakfast. My family is enjoying it at least two times a week. I hope you all have a wonderful morning!