Creamy, flavorful, and oh-so-rich, this Roasted Pepper Vodka Sauce can be used with pasta, seafood, or chicken dishes.
I absolutely love this Roasted Pepper Vodka Sauce! It can turn a simple pasta meal into an expensive, restaurant delight. It doesn’t have a lot of fancy ingredients (besides vodka 🙂 ), and it won’t take too much of your time to make. And the result… Oh, it’s so yummy!
The combination of sweet, roasted peppers, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and a hint of vodka is truly amazing. My whole family is crazy about this sauce and yours will be, too. The key here is using good-quality Parmesan, and don’t skip the vodka. Just mix some of this sauce with penne or your favorite pasta, and voila! You’ve got a very special dinner ready.
To make this Roasted Pepper Vodka Sauce, you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz. pureed roasted peppers (use Magic bullet or blender)
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese ( I recommend Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- salt, to taste
1. In a medium sauce pan, saute the onion in butter for 5 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add the red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook for another minute.
3. Turn the heat to low. Add the vodka and pureed roasted peppers. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
4. Add in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, and cook until warmed through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Taste, and add salt, if desired.
Your delicious Roasted Pepper Vodka Sauce is ready! If you wish to make it even smoother, you can blend it, or enjoy the texture as is. Enjoy this sauce with pasta, shrimp, fish, or chicken. Snap a photo of your creation and share it on Instagram with #cooktoria, I love to see what you cook!