This filling and delicious Pasta Salad with Kale Pesto is truly one of the best pasta salads. So refreshing and addictive, you’ll keep making it all summer long!
I absolutely love this salad! The creamy mozzarella, juicy tomatoes, filling pasta, and refreshing kale pesto dressing make this salad one of my favorites. I am sure you are going to love it, too!
Recently, I started making a lot of dishes with kale pesto. It is so flavorful and yummy, and it makes everything better. And if you have some of the pesto left over, make these Ravioli with Kale Pesto. Whenever I have guests over that I want to impress, I cook these ravioli. 🙂
So let’s not lose any time and start making this delicious Pasta Salad with Kale Pesto.
Kale Pesto ingredients:
- 2 packed cups of pre-cut, chopped kale (thick ribs removed)
- 10 fillets of canned or jarred anchovies in olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 5 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz. of mascarpone cheese (about 6 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp. of chopped cashew nuts
- 4 cups of cooked orecchiette pasta
- 3 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 cups of mozzarella pearls, cut in half
- 1/2 cup of Kale Pesto
1. Start by making the Kale Pesto. Steam the kale for 5 minutes. Drain, and let in cool slightly. Place the kale, anchovies, garlic, olive oil, cashews, and mascarpone in a blender, Nutribullet, or food processor. Process until smooth and creamy. You may need to add a little water to achieve the right consistency.
2. To make the salad, place all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir well.
Of course, you can adjust the dressing to your tastes. Feel free to mix some grilled chicken into the salad, it’ll be a great addition. I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I did! Happy cooking!
Before you go…
Check out these recipes