This Pasta with Mushrooms and Kielbasa makes an absolutely scrumptious, one-pot dinner! It is made with only 6 ingredients and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
If you are looking for a quick, easy and delicious dinner recipe, you’ve come to the right place! The hearty mushrooms, smoky kielbasa and filling pasta cooked in a creamy sauce make this dish my go-to recipe when I am short on time.
I’ve learned this recipe from my mom, who has lived in Italy for the past 15 years. She is a chef, so she knows her way around food, especially when it comes to pasta dishes. She is coming to visit me in January, so you should expect A LOT of pasta dishes on Cooktoria during her stay. I’ve never met a person who loves to cook more than my mom, and I know I won’t be able to stop her. 🙂
Hope you guys are hungry, and we can start cooking this Pasta with Mushrooms and Kielbasa now. You’ll need:
- 8 oz. fettuccine (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped kielbasa
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup chopped dill
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside. Meanwhile, sauté the onion in a large, non-stick skillet for about 4-5 minutes, until tender.
2. Add mushrooms and kielbasa to the onions and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked through.
3. Add heavy cream, pasta, dill, and some salt. Mix, then taste if there is enough seasoning. Return the dish to the stove and cook for several more minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
4. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.