This Panettone French Toast Casserole makes a perfect breakfast during the holiday season. Made with traditional Italian Panettone, this dish will make any morning better.
I absolutely love this Panettone French Toast Casserole!!! It is so festive and elegant, yet easy to make. I love the aroma that fills the house while I am baking it, how moist and tasty it is, and I love to put a little raspberry jam on top. YUM!
I fell in love with Panettones back when visiting Italy. This sweet and absolutely amazing bread is THE HIT during the holiday season. I remember enjoying a slice of soft Panettone and a cup of coffee (of course!) almost every day for breakfast. Today, I decided to combine it with my second favorite breakfast dish—French Toast—and make this Panettone French Toast Casserole.
You’ll need just a few ingredients, to make this delicious breakfast:
- 6 cups Panettone cubes (bite sized pieces)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. softened butter for greasing the baking dish
- cinnamon powder and sugar to sprinkle on top
- raspberry jam to serve (optional)
1. Whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Grease the baking dish with butter.
3. Place Panettone cubes into a baking dish and pour the egg mixture on top, trying to soak all the pieces.
4. Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350F for about 40-45 minutes. Let it rest at least 5 minutes before serving. (Note: you may also refrigerate it overnight and bake it the next morning).
Your delicious breakfast is ready! Serve it with maple syrup, jam, condensed milk or your favorite fruits. Prep the night before, and you’ll have plenty of time to make some coffee and set up the table while it’s in the oven. Enjoy!
Before you go…
Check out these recipes