Made with just 4 ingredients in less than 30 minutes, this One Pot Sausage Gnocchi is a simple, yet filling and tasty dish that the whole family will enjoy!
If you love Italian food and like to cook quick, no fuss, tasty meals, you’ve come to the right place. This One Pot Sausage Gnocchi is so easy to make, it requires just a few ingredients, a little bit of time and a lot of hungry people. Are you ready to try it?
This is my go-to recipe when I am short on time, or have extra gnocchi in the house, or simply want to make a tasty dinner. The combination of sweet Italian sausage meatballs, gnocchi, marinara and creamy feta cheese is yummy, and it feels as if you are eating a restaurant meal. As mentioned in many of my recipes, a good quality feta makes a huge difference, so try to find the one that is sold in blocks and still in brine. I buy this Sheep Feta, from a local store, but you can find great varieties in many health food stores, big supermarkets and online.
To make this scrumptious One Pot Sausage Gnocchi you’ll need:
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage meat
- 1 lb home-made or store bought gnocchi
- 12 oz marinara sauce ( I use RAGU Old Fashioned Marinara)
- 1/3 cup feta crumbled
- chopped fresh parsley or basil to garnish
1. In a medium pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse well with cold water and set aside.
Form small, bite-sized meatballs from the sweet Italian sausage. Place them in a large, non-stick skillet.
2. Cook for about 5 minutes on a medium heat, shaking the skillet occasionally to turn the meatballs.
3. Add gnocchi to the pan and keep cooking for another 5-10 minutes, until the gnocchi starts to brown and the meatballs are cooked through.
4. Add the marinara sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle feta cheese on top and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Before you go…
Check out these recipes