Very easy to make, yet unbelievably delicious, this One Pot Orzo with Shrimp and Feta is worthy of a special occasion!
I am obsessed with one-pot, quick and easy dishes this season. They save time and effort, plus leave less clean up behind. Today, I suggest you give this One Pot Orzo with Shrimp and Feta a try. The combination of shrimps, pasta, butter, feta cheese and lemon is truly delicious. Check it for yourself.
I cook orzo with feta and butter pretty often, since my husband likes it for breakfast. He is Bulgarian, and he taught me this delicious way to enjoy pasta and noodles. This time around, I decided to turn it into a filling dinner, by adding shrimp, lemon, and extra love. 🙂
If I convinced you to give this a try, let’s not lose any time and start cooking. You’ll need:
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 12 jumbo shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup good quality feta cheese crumbles
- lemon juice
- chopped parsley and lemon wedges to garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside. Meanwhile, pat the shrimps dry with paper towel, and mix them with Old Bay Seasoning.
2. Melt 1 tbsp. of butter in a large, non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, just until it cooks through.
3. Remove the shrimps from the skillet and set aside. In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tbsp. of butter and melt until it just starts to brown. Add orzo and feta cheese. Mix everything well and turn off the heat.
4. Arrange the shrimps on the top and drizzle with generous amount of lemon juice.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley, lemon wedges and some extra feta cheese.
Please, try to find some good quality feta, as it makes a world of difference in this recipe. I recommend buying feta that is sold in bricks and still in brine. Here is an Amazon link to buy Feta Cheese I use, or you can find good feta in large health food stores and supermarkets. Enjoy your dinner, friends!