All the flavors of Mediterranean cuisine in one bowl! Healthy and so easy to make, this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad makes a perfect lunch or dinner.
I’ve been on a roll in the kitchen this last week when it comes to making healthy salads. This tasty Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is just one of my recent successes. It combines all my favorite flavors and it is filling and so nutritious.
I know a lot of people who do not like quinoa. I personally love this wonder-grain and eat it quite often. My favorite way to enjoy it is adding it to a salad. I recently made Kale and Quinoa salad and it turned out very tasty too. This Mediterranean Quinoa salad I am sharing with you today is made with simple ingredients and it tastes fantastic. Even if you are one of those people who do not like quinoa, I suspect you’ll still enjoy this salad. Give it a try.
I recommend using a good quality feta cheese, as it makes a world of a difference. Try to find the kind that is sold in blocks and stored in brine. I purchase feta cheese from a local Bulgarian store, but you can find it in big health food store or order it from Amazon.
To make this tasty salad you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned corn kernels
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
Plus the dressing ingredients:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt, pepper
1. Start by boiling the quinoa in slightly salted water for 15-20 minutes, until it’s cooked through. Transfer the quinoa onto a plate and let it cool.
2. While the quinoa is cooling down, prepare the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together.
3. Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the quinoa and pour the dressing on top.
4. Mix everything together and enjoy!