This scrumptious Mashed Potato and Mushroom Quesadilla is filled with caramelized onions, mushrooms, leftover mashed potatoes and gooey cheese.
This Mashed Potato and Mushroom Quesadilla makes a quick, filling and tasty lunch or even dinner. Anytime you have leftover mashed potatoes, don’t hesitate to make this delicious treat.
I’ve posted a classic Mashed Potato Quesadilla a while ago and it was a big success. I received so much positive feedback, that I decided to take it a step further and add earthy mushrooms and sweet onions to it. What a wonderful combination! Don’t you agree?
Now, let’s get to business and start cooking. Here is a list of ingredients needed:
- 4 medium whole wheat or flour tortillas
- 1 1/3 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups grated cheese (mozzarella, Gouda, provolone, Muenster)
- salt and pepper
1. In a large skillet, saute the onion in butter on a medium-low heat for about 7 minutes, until it softens and starts to brown.
2. Add the mushrooms, increase the heat to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. To assemble the quesadilla, spread 1/3 cup of mashed potatoes on one side of the tortilla.
4. Then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese.
5. Spread 1/4 of the mushroom-onion mixture on top.
6. And add another 1/4 cup of cheese. 🙂
7. Fold the tortilla in half and press slightly with your hand to bind the layers together. Repeat this step to make the remaining three Quesadillas.
8. Fry in a little butter for about 2 minutes on each side.
You can serve this Mashed Potato and Mushroom Quesadilla with a fresh salad, sour cream or salsa. I served it with Roasted Pepper dip and it was fantastic! Let me know how you enjoyed this Quesadilla, friends!