Creamy, cheesy, filling and tasty – this Kale and Ricotta Pizza recipe makes a perfect weeknight meal!
When traveling or simply going out for a pizza, I am always on a lookout for kale pizza. I love the creamy texture of ricotta, the flavor of kale, and of course, the melted cheese. This time around, I decided to make this goodness at home and I must admit it turned out pretty darn well. I hope you guys are not going to miss this Kale and Ricotta Pizza recipe!
I do not make pizza at home very often, but now after trying this simple kale pizza, it’ll definitely be cooked more often. I’ve always wanted to make my own kale pizza, and the time has come. This recipe comes from my mom, who lives in Italy and knows a thing or two about good pizza and how to make it. Of course, my mom makes the dough from scratch, but I used store bought pizza dough and saved a little time and effort. I used Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust.
To make this pizza, you’ll need:
- 1 package of store-bought pizza dough
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper
- red pepper flakes to garnish
1. Place kale in a medium bowl, sprinkle with some salt and add a little olive oil. Massage the kale a little and set aside.
2. Place ricotta and Parmesan cheeses in a food processor, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and blend until smooth.
3. Spread the pizza dough on a baking sheet and brush it with a little olive oil.
4. Spread most of the ricotta mixture on the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch at the edge of the crust.
5. Add kale on top of the ricotta and small scoops of reserved ricotta on top of the kale. Sprinkle everything with mozzarella.
6. Bake in at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Serve with some red pepper flakes.
Before you go…
Check out these recipes