This creamy and comforting Hot Chocolate with Condensed Milk will keep you warm and cozy during the cold season.
Although I don’t crave for sweets often, when it gets cold outside, I start craving for this Hot Chocolate with Condensed Milk. It is just so rich and chocolaty that my head starts to spin when I think about it. It requires four simple ingredients and about 10 minutes of your time. So go ahead and warm yourself up with this delicious treat!
I found out that adding condensed milk to hot chocolate makes it SO MUCH better. It adds a special creamy texture and richness. If you hadn’t had a chance to try hot chocolate with condensed milk, now it’s the time to fix this.
All you’ll need to make two cups of this Hot Chocolate with Condensed Milk is just these few ingredients:
- 7 oz. sweetened condensed milk (1/2 can)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of regular or low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- mini-marshmallows for topping (optional)
1. Place condensed milk, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and a pinch of sea salt into a medium sauce pan.
2. Stir, until cocoa is mixed well with condensed milk and no lumps remain.
3. Gradually add milk. Place the hot chocolate on the stove and heat through, stirring continuously. Do not boil. I recommend tasting your hot chocolate at this point, and make adjustments according to your taste preferences. For example, if it tastes too rich for you, add a little more milk, or add a bit of sweetener if you like things on the sweeter side.
4. Pour hot chocolate into the cups and top with mini-marshmallows if desired.
5. Enjoy it near the window, under a blanket and with a good book in your hands. Note: this step is not necessary but recommended. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Hope you’ll share your feedback with me and don’t forget to use #cooktoria if you’ll decide to share some photos on Instagram. Stay warm, friends!