Mini fillo shells, stuffed with tasty cheese salad and garnished with olives, make these cute Halloween Cheese Cup monsters.
As Halloween is getting closer, many of us are browsing the internet, trying to find cute and tasty Halloween snack recipes. I just love to scroll through the images and see other people’s creative ideas. Today, I decided to share my idea with you. These Halloween Cheese Cups are so easy to make and I guarantee that everyone will enjoy them.
I am using Athens Mini Fillo Shells in this recipe, which can be found in most major supermarkets in the frozen foods section. You may also buy them online if it’s more convenient for you. I use these shells for many recipes, and they are great!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (juice squeezed out)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 15 mini fillo shells
- 30 black pitted olives
- 1 slice of mozzarella cheese
- extra finely shredded cheddar to garnish
Let’s start by preparing the filling.
1. Mix together cheddar, tomatoes, mayo, garlic and dill and set aside.
2. To make the “eyes”, slice mozzarella into small pieces.
3. Stuff mozzarella inside the black olive.
4. Repeat this step with all olives.
5. Now, it’s time to put everything together. Place a small amount of filling in the fillo shell.
6. Sprinkle with some finely shredded cheddar on top.
7. Place the “eyes” on top.
8. Repeat this step with the remaining 14 monsters. 🙂
You can make the filling and the “eyes” in advance, but I recommend stuffing the shells just before serving. Fillo shells tend to absorb the moisture from the stuffing within about an hour and they taste best while the cups are crispy.
Happy Halloween everyone! I’ll be thrilled to see your Halloween creations, so share them through social media with me.
Before you go…
Check out these recipes