This Fresh and Crunchy Broccoli Salad is packed with vitamins and it will be a perfect addiction to your lunch or dinner.
I think we all need more broccoli in our lives. It is so good for us, yet we seldom eat broccoli, especially raw. I really believe this Fresh and Crunchy Broccoli Salad is one of the tastiest ways to eat this super vegetable.
All the ingredients work well together. I use a classic coleslaw dressing in this recipe and it adds an extra touch of creamy texture, but doesn’t overpower the flavors of the main ingredients.
To make this bowl of healthy goodness you’ll need:
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium apple, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup canned sweet corn
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
And here are the dressing ingredients:
- 1/2 cup good quality mayo
- 1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Let’s start by making the dressing. In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together.
2. Place the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add as much dressing as you want (I use all of it).
3. Mix the salad well and serve immediately.
That’s it! The salad is ready to be enjoyed!
Lastly, allow me to give you a couple of tips, to make sure you’ll make the tastiest salad ever. 🙂
- make sure you toast the walnuts before adding them to the salad, it brings soooo much extra flavor and crunchiness
- use crunchy, semi-sweet apples, such as honeycrisp, golden delicious or cameo
- use fresh broccoli (duh!)
- use as much dressing as you like.
Let me know how you liked this salad, friends! Remember to snap a photo for Instagram and tag #cooktoria. I always want to see your creations!!!