This Easy Tuna Melt Sandwich makes a tasty and filling lunch. Made with capers and Parmesan cheese, it gives a new twist to the classic flavors!
I am a big fan of this Easy Tuna Melt Sandwich. Just a few simple ingredients create such a wonderful flavor, and the crunchy, buttery bread makes everything even better. So check if you have some canned tuna stashed in your pantry and then give this tasty sandwich a try.
I absolutely love the addition of capers and Parmesan cheese to this sandwich. These flavors work really well together. I am sure you’ll agree with me when you taste it.
Without any further ado, I introduce to you this Easy Tuna Melt Sandwich. Here is the ingredient list:
- 4 slices of your favorite bread
- 2-3 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of canned white meat tuna packed in water, drained (Two 6-ounce cans)
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 2 tbsp of capers, drained
- 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of good quality mayo
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Butter the bread on both sides and fry each side in a skillet until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna meat, celery, capers, Parmesan, mayo, and parsley. Mix everything together thoroughly.
3. Place the bread on a baking sheet. Arrange the tuna salad on top of the bread and sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 5-6 minutes, until the cheese has melted and started to bubble. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Enjoy this tasty Easy Tuna Melt Sandwich and don’t forget to share how you liked it. Snap a photo and share it on Instagram with #cooktoria, I always enjoy checking out what you create!
Bon appetit, friends!
Before you go…
Check out these recipes