You are going to love these Easy Sausage Meatballs! Made with just a few simple ingredients, these meatballs are soft, flavorful, and yummy!
We all love meatballs in my family. Simple, yet so filling and delicious, they make a perfect addition to any pasta meal. I especially love these Easy Sausage Meatballs, because the sausage is already perfectly seasoned, and the mozzarella cheese adds a nice touch to the flavor and texture. Try it for yourself.
These Easy Sausage Meatballs also freeze well, so you can prep them in advance and just heat them up when you are ready to eat.
The ingredient list is short:
- 1 lb. of Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup of plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of cream or milk
- 20 oz. jar of your favorite Marinara sauce
- fresh basil, to garnish
1. Place the Italian sausage in a large mixing bowl and massage it with your hands, breaking it down.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, excluding the Marinara sauce, and mix everything well. (I recommend using your hands for mixing).
3. Using 1/3 cup as a measure, form about 16 balls from the mixture.
4. Fry without oil for a couple of minutes on each side, just enough to brown. They’ll finish cooking in the Marinara sauce.
5. If you wish to make these meatballs leaner, just wipe off the fat from the pan. Add the Marinara sauce, cover with a lid, and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.
6. Garnish with freshly cut basil leaves and serve.
By the way, guys, if you don’t have a favorite Marinara sauce yet, let me recommend one. I used to buy Ragu, but not so long ago, I read the ingredient list (Duh!) and it turns out that it’s made from tomato paste, plus, it has a lot of other things going on in the ingredient department. It even stains my cleaning sponge to the point that I have to throw it away! Anyways, real Marinara should be made from tomatoes. After trying out a lot of different brands, I found that Victoria Marinara Sauce is very tasty. I buy it from a local ShopRite, so hopefully you can find it there, too. Follow this Amazon link, if you’d like to check it out. I am not being paid for referring this sauce, I just think it’s great, that’s all.
Enjoy these delicious Easy Sausage Meatballs, friends!
Disclaimer: the link in this post for Victoria Marinara Sauce is Amazon affiliate link.
Before you go…
Check out these recipes