Tasty and so easy to make, this hearty Easy Lentil Chili is all you will be craving this autumn.
If you are looking for a perfect comforting and filling dish – you are in the right place. This Easy Lentil Chili is so warming and delicious, that it’s hard to stop eating. Oh, and did I mention it is easy to make? 🙂
I made my first lentil chili last year. It quickly became my family’s favorite and my husband is ordering it every time the weather cools down. I don’t blame him. This dish also stays good in the refrigerator, so it can be prepared in advance. I hope you don’t skip this recipe and treat yourself and your family with this Easy Lentil Chili. Let’s start cooking!
Here is the ingredient list:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin powder
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 32oz. cartons of beef broth
- 16 oz. bag brown lentils
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt, pepper
- sour cream to serve
1. In a large Dutch Oven, saute the onions with peppers in olive oil for 5-7 minutes on a medium heat.
2. Add beef and cook, breaking into pieces for another 5 minutes.
3. Add chili powder, cumin, fresh and canned tomatoes, lentils, beef broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 45 minutes, until lentils are soft and cooked through. Add chopped cilantro.
5. Stir the chili, taste it and adjust for seasonings.
You are all done! Now, what is left to do is to ladle this goodness into a bowl and top with some sour cream. Enjoy!